2020 is coming soon. In Kazakhstan, this may be the year in which a new form of relationship between the state, employees and employers is introduced. Digitalisation is the key direction of the state development programme. Considerable scope of amendments to labour legislation are expected in the labour sphere (see here for details add link to Kazakh 2020 Vision article here) and HR departments anticipate there is lots of work to be done soon.
We suggest employers start preparing right now and do as follows:
- review the draft amendments to the Labour Code;
- check and format employees’ personnel records;
- test the Unified Employment Contracts Accounting System, the introduction of information into which is likely to become mandatory for employers next year;
- prepare the data required for inputting into the Unified Employment Contracts Accounting System;
- develop internal regulatory procedures on the issue of using electronic digital signatures and related business processes; and
- obtain employees’ consent to collection and processing of personal data in information systems.