Resolution 3167 of 2019, introduces new regulations regarding the entry of foreigners into the country, that will come into force starting 1 December 2019.
The changes include the following key points:
- New classification of entry and stay permits, as well as amended scope of permissible activities.
- The implementation of the Border Mobility Card for foreign nationals from neighbouring countries as an alternative travel document to the passport.
- The implementation of CAN-MERCOSUR Electronic Migration Card as an alternative travel document to the passport;
- The implementation of Biometrics authentication (BIOMIG) for Colombian nationals.
- The advantages of visa-free entry for nationals of the MERCOSUR, CAN and Pacific Alliance countries, have been extended to foreign nationals who have permanent residence in those countries.