• Insights

Hungary – Applications for a residence permits can only be submitted electronically by employers and host organisations

Written by
CLV Partners, one of Hungary's best specialist firms.

A public electronic administration system (called ‘Enter Hungary’) has been established by the Hungarian Immigration and Asylum Office. Employers and host organisations must register on the system and can use it via their Business Gateway access (‘cégkapu’).

As of 1 January 2019, employers and host organisations can only submit applications for residence permits for the purpose of employment (residence and work permit), intra-corporate transfers, EU Blue Cards or family reunification electronically, using the Enter Hungary system.

It is possible to provide the required data and submit the necessary attachments (e.g. travel documents and photos) in the electronic system. The processing fee can also be paid online.

However, in several cases the employee and/or his or her family members must appear before the authority personally. Using the electronic system does not exempt them from this requirement.

Henrietta Hanyu
Managing Associate - Hungary
CLV Partners