From 14 May to 14 June 2020 entry to Bulgaria for all passengers (including EU and Schengen nationals) and by any means of transport, including aircraft, maritime transport and rail is temporarily prohibited.
The following categories of passengers are exempt from the ban:
- Bulgarian nationals, foreign nationals with permanent, temporary or long-term residence in Bulgaria, and members of their families;
- medical staff, medical investigators, and geriatric care specialists;
- transport personnel engaged in the transportation of passengers and goods, aircraft crew members engaged in air transport and other transport personnel, as necessary, including crew members of ships;
- diplomatic staff, foreign officials (Heads of States, members of governments) and members of their delegations, staff of international organisations, military and humanitarian personnel, in performance of their duties;
- individuals travelling for humanitarian reasons;
- third-country nationals, EU and Schengen nationals (including nationals of San Marino, Andorra, Monaco and the Vatican) directly engaged in the construction, maintenance and safety of strategic and critical infrastructure of Bulgaria;
- frontier workers, agricultural workers and workers in the field of tourism;
- workers engaged in the delivery of medicine and pharmaceutical products, medical devices and personal protective equipment.