• Insights

Hungary – Changes to rules relating to the relocation of third country (non-EU) citizens

Written by
CLV Partners, one of Hungary's best specialist firms.

For temporary assignments of non-EU citizens within a company group, the employees now need to obtain a special permit specifically for assignments, instead of the general residence and work permit. The Hungarian entity must provide evidence that the home and host entities belong to the same group and that the employee was employed by the home company for at least three uninterrupted months immediately prior to the transfer. The permit may last one year, or for key-personnel and executives, up to three years.

This is part of a new regime, according to which, different permits are issued based on their purpose (traineeship, job-search, entrepreneurship etc.).

Henrietta Hanyu
Managing Associate - Hungary
CLV Partners